Project CHANGE is looking for the most talented and inspired volunteers, young or old, to apply to join the team for the 2017-2018 service year. We have some exciting new partners where members will serve to enhance disadvantaged kids with their math and science education, or help children dealing with the personal tragedy of losing a loved one, teach students how to make personal documentary films or assist students who have missed schooling through no fault of their own.
All members are dedicated to supporting students from disadvantaged backgrounds to improve their academic engagement and help them to see education as their ladder to success in life.
CHANGE is the only AmeriCorps program that exclusively serves Montgomery County, and is strongly supported by the Montgomery County Public School System, and by Senator Chris Van Hollen and County Executive Ike Leggett. Check below to see if you are eligible to apply. If you have any queries, feel free to call the Director Paul Costello at 240 476 1123.
To be eligible to enroll in AmeriCorps, an individual must:
• Be a U.S. citizen or U.S. national or a lawful permanent resident alien of the U.S. *
• Be at least 18 years old;
• Have a high school diploma or GED.
$16,500 (Full Time)
$8,250 (Part Time)
$5,815 (Full Time)
$2,907.50 (Part Time)
• To repay qualified student loans
• To pay for current costs of attendance
• To pay for expenses incurred in participating in an approved school to work program
Health Care Coverage
• For all members who do not have adequate health care coverage at the time of enrollment or who lose coverage due to participation in the program.
• For a member whose family is income eligible; the caregiver must be considered a legal provider in the state.
Length of Service
Full-time members 1700 hours of participation
Part-time members 900 hours of participation
Site coordinators are responsible for selecting the AmeriCorps Members who will serve in their programs. A member should be selected based on his/her application, interview, references and any additional materials as the program deems appropriate. Project CHANGE seeks to provide equal access to its program, services, and activities for persons with disabilities. Please give 72 hours notice to arrange accommodations or request alternative formats.
For a One Page Summary, including some of our partners, Click Here
Interested applicants should contact:
Paul Costello firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional information available at www.AmeriCorps.gov
Here are the FORMS you need to fill out if you are serious about applying.
*Individuals who are in the U.S. under a student, work, or tourist visa are not eligible.